Sofia Vergara is married to a man who is not an ordinary person. Just like her, his husband is also a public figure with popularity. For those who are a fan of Spider Man, who must be familiar, or at last have heard about his name. Can you guess who?
The name of Sofia Vergara’s husband is Joseph Michael Manganiello, who is popular as Joe Manganiello. He is popular for his roles in films such as Magic Mike, Magic Mike XXL, and Pee-wee’s Big Holiday as well as the television series called True Blood that was aired by HBO.
These two decided to get engaged on Christmas Day 2014 after a total of six months of dating. On November 21, 2015, the lovebird married. Their wedding took place in Palm Beach, Florida, the United States of America. From their marriage, these two have not yet been blessed with kids.
For everyone who is a fan of a Colombian-American actress named Sofia Vergara and are curious about her husband, Joe Manganiello, this post will feature information about him, including about his early life, his career, his net worth, and so on.
- Full Name: Joseph Michael Manganiello
- Nick Name: Joe Manganiello
- Gender: Male
- Place of Birth: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
- Date of Birth: December 28, 1976
- Age: 44 years old
- Education: Carnegie Mellon University (BFA)
- Occupation: Actor
- Years Active: 2001-present
- Wife/Spouse: Sofia Vergara (m. 2015)
Joe Manganiello was born as Joseph Michael Manganiello on December 28, 1974 in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. His mother is Susan Manganiello while his father is Charles John. He has Armenian, Austrian, and Croatian ancestry from his mother’s side while his father in an Italian. His parents raised him and his brother Nicholas in Mt. Lebanon, Pennsylvania. When he was young, he studied in Mt. Lebanon High School. During school, he was known as an excellent student athlete by joining the football, basketball, and volleyball teams. Not only sports, he has always been good at acting. He took part in the student theater productions. Unfortunately, he got injured, making him focus more on acting. He then tried his luck by auditioning for the Carnegie Mellon school of Drama. He failed and enrolled at the University of Pittsburgh. The next year, he made the second attempt to Carnegie Mellon and that time he got accepted. After graduating, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue his dream to be a professional actor.
The career of Joe Manganiello started when he acted in many plays. In the movie, he made his debut by acting as the rival of Peter Parker from the movie named Spider Man. It was such a successful debut as the film was sold a lot. Five years after his first Spider Man movie, he appeared in the third film of the Spiderman trilogy called Spider Man 3.
On TV, he made his debut in 2006 by appearing in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and Las Vegas. From the same year to 2012, he was seen acting in the TV series called How I Met Your Mother. The actor started to gain popularity in 2010 after starring in the TV series known as True Blood. He got an important role in the TV series, playing as a werewolf named Alcide Herveaux. By playing that role, he managed to earn critical appreciation and a few awards.
Two years later, Joe Manganiello participated in the comedy drama film named Magic Mike. In the film, he acted with Channing Tatum. Just like his previous works, this one was also a hit and also got positive feedback. In 2015, he starred in the comedy drama film Magic Mike XXL. Just like its prequel Magic Mike, it was also a success.
In 2017, Joe Manganiello won the Emmy Award for directing the documentary film named Pittsburgh is Home: The Story of the Penguins. A year after that, he acted in the sci-fi film known as Rampage.
- 2002: Out of Courage 2: Out for Vengeance; Spider Man
- 2007: Spider Man 3
- 2008: Impact Point; Wounded
- 2009: Not Evelyn Cho; Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia; Irene in Time
- 2011: The Girl With the Tramp Stamp Tattoo
- 2012: What to Expect When You’re Expecting; Magic Mike
- 2014: Sabotage
- 2015: Knight of Cups; Tumbledown; Magic Mike XXL
- 2016: Pee-wee’s Big Holiday
- 2017: Smurfs: The Lost Village; Justice League
- 2018: Rampage
- 2019: Drunk Parents; Bottom of the 9th; Jay and Silent Bob Reboot
- 2020: The Sleepover; Archenemy
- 2021: Shoplifters of the World; Zack Snyder’s Justice League; The Spine of Night
- 2006: Jake in Progress; CSI: Crime Scene Investigation; Las Vegas; Close to Home; So Notorious; A.K.A.
- 2016-2012: How I Met Your Mother
- 2007: Scrubs; American Heiress; ER
- 2008-2010: ‘Til Death; One Tree Hill
- 2009: CSI: Miami; Medium
- 2010: CSI: NY; 100 Questions; Livin’ on a Player
- 2010-2014: True Blood
- 2010, 2014: WWE Raw
- 2011: Two and a Half Men
- 2012: White Collar
- 2013: Talking Dead
- 2016: Mom
- 2018: The Joel McHale Show with Joe McHale; No Activity
- 2019: One Day at a Time; The Big Bang Theory; Daybreak; Star Wars Resistance
- 2021: Big City Greens
- TBA: Army of the Dead: Lost Vegas
Web shows and series:
- 2017: Force Grey: Lost City of Omu; Critical Role
- 2018: Spellslingers
- 2018-2019: The Angle of Vine
- 2020: Good Mythical Morning
- 2014: La Bare
- 2011 NewNowNext Awards: Cause You’re Hot
- 2011 Saturn Award: Best Guest Starring Role in Television
- 2011 Scream Award: Breakout Performance Male; Best Ensemble
- 2014: Maui Film Festival: Triple Threat Award (Directing, Producing, Acting
- 2017 Mid-Atlantic Emmy Awards: Narrator – Sports Program One – Time SPecial
- 2012 Teen Choice Awards: Choice Movie Breakout: Male
- 2013 MTV Movie Awards: Best Musical Moment
Joe Manganiello has an estimated net worth of $20 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. Aside from being an actor, he is also actually a fitness author, a director, and a producer. He may not be as big a star, but there is no doubt that he is rich in his own right.