Meek Mill is an American rapper and songwriter. Also, he is an activist. Meek Mill is one of the most famous rappers in the world right now. You may want to know how much Meek Mill’s net worth is. If you want to know that information, you are able to read this entire article.
Meek Mill’s net worth
As of 2021, the net worth of Meek Mill is estimated to be $20 million. A we know that he is an American rapper, activist and songwriter from South Philadelphia. Meek began his career as a battle rapper, before he was signed to T.I’s Grand Hustle Records, and then Rick Ross’ Maybach Music Group. He has often appeared in the news for one of his many feuds with other rappers, including Kendrick Lamar, 50 Cent, Drake and The Game.
Between September 2017 and September 2018, Meek Mill earned $15 million. It made him one of the highest-paid rappers in the world. Aside from that, he has endorsement deals with Puma and Amazon. Between September 2018 and September 2019, Meek earned $20 million.
Meek Mill’s Early Life
On May 6, 1987, Robert Rahmeek Williams or known professionally as Meek Mill, was born in South Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. When he was 5 years old, his father was killed during an attempted robbery. His mom named Kathy worked some jobs to support her family after her husband’s death. As a kid, Meek Mill was shy. His uncle was the pioneering DJ Grandmaster Nell, who was part of the late 1980s Philadelphia hip-hop scene. DJ Grandmaster Nell influenced DJ Jazzy Jeff and Will Smith.
As a teenager, Meek Mill started participating in rap battles under the name Meek Millz. Meek formed the rap group “The Bloodhoundz” with his three friends. When Meek Mill was 18 years old, he was arrested for illegally having a firearm when police stopped him walking to a corner store. Then, the police beat Meek Mill so badly, both of his eyes were swollen, his lips were swollen, and one of his braids was ripped out. The police claimed that Meek Mill chased them with the gun and attempted to kill them. Finally, Meek Mill was put on probation.
Meek Mill’s career
In the mid-2000s, Meek Mill started releasing mixtapes. In the year of 2007, the first mixtape called Flamerz got him attention. Then, that mixtape and Flamerz 2 (Hottest in the City) got the attention of the Grand Hustle Records and also Warner Brothers Records. Before Meek Mill could select which label to sign with, he was arrested and spent 7 months in prison. We get information that Meek Mill was arrested for illegal gun possession, as well as drug possession. So, he served seven months in prison because of this.
In the year of 2011, when Meek Mill was released, he signed with Rick Ross’ Warner Brothers Music label, Maybach Music Group. He started to succeed during this time; after collaborating with popular rappers such as Lil Wayne, DJ Khaled and Birdman. Throughout Meek Mill’s career, he has released some studio albums, EP’s, and Mix-tapes.
In the year of 2012, his debut studio album: “Dreams and Nightmares” was released. The album reached number one on the United States Rap and Hip/Hop R&B charts as well as on the Billboard 200 chart. In 2015, his second album: Dreams Worth More Than Money” was released and also hit number one on all three charts. In 2017, his third album: “Wins and Losses” was released and peaked number 2 on the Rap and Hip Hop/R&B charts. In October 2012, Meek Mill announced the launch of his own label, Dream Chasers Records, named after his mixtape series.
In the text below, you are able to see some of the best highlights of Meek Mill’s career.
- Flamers (2008)
- Flamers 2: Hottest In That City (2009)
- Mr. Philadelphia (2010)
- Dreamchasers (2011)
- Dreamchasers 2 (2012)
- Dreams and Nightmares (2012)
- Dreams Worth More Than Money (2015)
- 4/4 (2016)
- Meekend Music (2017)
- Wins & Losses (2017)
Meek Mill’s Real Estate
In the year of 2016, Meek Mill and Nicki Minaj rented a home for $35,000 a month in Beverly Hills. The home was built on the site of Frank Sinatra’s former residence in 2008. The home with 10,340 square foot has panoramic views of the city and mountains. Also, the home has a large living room with a fireplace, a two-story foyer, and arched French doors leading outside. Aside from that, there is an eat-in kitchen, a formal dining room, a family room, eight bedrooms as well as a wood-lined library with built-ins. The outdoor space includes a spa, swimming pool and a barbecue. In December 2019, Meek Mill famously purchased a home for his grandmother.
Legal Issues of Meek Mill
- In 2008, Meek Mill was sentenced to 11-23 months in jail plus 8 years of probation for gun possession and drug dealing.
- In 2012, Meek Mill violated his probation, and his travel permit was repealed by a judge.
- In 2013, Meek Mill once again violated his probation when he did not tell the court of his travel plans and made posts on social media which resulted in death threats to his probation officer. The court ordered Meek to take etiquette classes.
- In December 2017, Meek Mill once again violated his parole. At that time, the judge did not give him another opportunity. Then, the judge ordered Meek to stop working until his sentencing.
- On March 11, 2017, Meek Mill attacked two pedestrians in St. Louis and was arrested. Then, Meek Mill was sentenced to two to four years in state prison for violating his parole. Also, he served 5 months at the State Correctional Institution in Chester, Pennsylvania.
- In August 2019, a documentary series called “Free Meek” was released. This series is about his many run-ins with the criminal justice system. Meek Mill was the executive producer of the series.