Lil Nas X is a singer, rapper, and also songwriter. He is known for his single entitled “Old Town Road”. This single first became viral on TikTok which then charted in some countries and even he got a diamond certification in 2019. What is his net worth? Here, we will explain about it.
What Is Lil Nas X Net Worth?
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Lil Nas X has a net worth of $7 million. In March 2021, he bought a home in Sherman Oaks, California for $2.4 million.
How Is Lil Nas X Early Life?
Montero Lamar Hill is the real name of Lil Nas X. He was born on April 9th, 1999 in Lithia Springs, Georgia. Lil Nas X was raised just outside of Atlanta. When Lil Nas X was 6 years old, his parents divorced. Together with his mother and grandmother, he lived in the Bankhead Courts housing project. Then, after three years, when he was 9 years old, he moved with his father who lived in Austell, Georgia. He stated that by moving away from Atlanta, it helped him avoid “falling in with the wrong crowd”.
When he was in the fourth grade, he started playing trumpet and he became first chair by his junior high years. However, he decided to quit because he was afraid that he looked uncool. There was a confession that Lil Nas X spent most of his teen years alone and one the internet. In 2017, he graduated from Lithia Springs High School and then he attended the University of West Georgia. However, he was there just for one year because then he dropped out. In this period, he focused on his music career. At that time, he worked at Zaxby’s restaurant and the Six Flags Over Georgia theme parks to support himself. He also stayed with his sister at that time.
Lil Nas X Career
Lil Nas X was passionate to pursue his future music career. Firstly, he began to be famous as an internet personality. He said in an interview that he tried to have a lot of followers on some different social media platforms which then he succeeded with Twitter. Now, he has more than 2 million followers on Twitter and more than 5 million subscribers on Youtube.
In 2019, Lil Nas X focused more on his future music career. At that time, he began writing and recording songs. The reason why he uses the name Lil Nas X is because he adopted the name lil Nas X as a tribute to the legendary New York rapper Nas.
In 2018, he bought the beat for “Old Town Road”. He bought it from YoungKio who is a Dutch producer. The price of the beat was $30. This producer posted the song to an online store which gives producers royalties. So, he earned a lot of royalties from the success of Lil Nas X.
In Atlanta, “Old Town Road” was first recorded by him at a minor studio. He did it during a “$20 Tuesdays” promotion. The song was then found by TikTok users and they started to use the song because of the #Yeehaw Challenge. This challenge was viral and it involved people wearing clothes as wranglers or cowgirls. So, this song became popular among young people.
On the Billboard Hot 100 chart and Hot Country Songs Chart, the song charted well. It happened before it was removed because it was not country enough. By some people, this issue was seen as racism. However, a representative from Billboard stated that this decision did not have relation with race.
“Old Town Road” spent seven weeks at the top of the Billboard charts. Then, Lil Nas X surprised Billy Ray Cyrus with a brand new Maserati. On his social media accounts, the video was posted. So, the song totally was at the top-ranked position on the Billboard charts for 19 weeks and it was a record-breaking feat.
Lil Nas X Awards
During he has been an artist, he has obtained a number of awards as you are able to see in the list below.
- In 2019, he won Apple Music Awards for Song of the Year. This award was for his work “Old Town Road”.
- In 2019, he won BET Hip Hop Awards for Single of the Year and Best Collab, Duo or Group. This award was for his work “Old Town Road (Remix)” featuring Billy Ray Cyrus.
- In 2019, he won Country Music Association Awards for Musical Event of the Year. This award was for “Old Town Road (Remix)” featuring Billy Ray Cyrus.
- In 2019, he won Streamy Awards for Breakthrough Artist.
- In 2020, he won Billboard Music Awards for Top Hot 100 Song, Top Streaming Song, Top Rap Song and Top Selling Song. This award was for his “Old Town Road (Remix)” featuring Billy Ray Cyrus.
- In 2020, he won GLAAD Media Awards for Outstanding Music Artist.
- In 2020, he won Grammy Awards for Best Pop Duo/ Group Performance and Best Music Video. This award was for his “Old Town Road (Remix)” featuring Billy Ray Cyrus.
- In 2020, he won Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards for Favorite Breakout New Artist.
- In 2020, he won Queerty Awards for Closet Door Bustdown.
- and some more.
Lil Nas X Discography
He has a studio album entitled “Montero” which will be released in Summer 2021. Also, he has a mixtape “Narasati” which was released on July 24th, 2018. The format was digital download and streaming.
Besides, he also has an extended play entitled “7”. It was released on June 21st, 2019 and the format was CD, digital download, and streaming.
He has a number of singles including:
- “Old Town Road” (solo or remix featuring Billy Ray Cyrus) which was released in 2018
- “Panini” which was released in 2019.
- “Rodeo” (with Cardi B or Nas) which was released in 2020.
- “Holiday” which was released in 2020.
- “Montero (Call Me by Your Name) which was released in 2021.
Also, he has the other charted songs as you can see below.
- “F9mily (You & Me)” (with Travis Barker) which was released in 2019
- “Kick It” which was released in 2019
- “Bring U Down” (featuring Ryan Tedder) which was released in 2019
- “C7osure (You Like)” which was released in 2019.