When you are looking for the information about the richest person in the world, you will find Elon Musk. Who is he? Also, how much is the net worth of Elon Musk so that he becomes one of the richest person in the world? Here, we will reveal about it for you.
Net Worth of Elon Musk
According to Forbes website, as of April 12th, 2021, the net worth of Elon Musk is $172 billion. With this net worth, it makes him to be at the second rank of the richest person in the world after Jeff Bezos who are in the first rank. According to Capitalism, under Elizabeth Warren’s tax plan including an ‘ultra-millionaire’ tax, Elon Musk would have paid $4.6 billion in 2020.
This net worth is gained by working hard. He has several companies as you are able to see below.
- He is a founder, CEO and lead designer of SpaceX.
- He is a CEO, product architect of Tesla, Inc.
- He is a founder of The Boring Company and X.com.
- He is a Co-founder of Neuralink, OpenAI and Zip2.
- He is a chairman of Solarcity.
Below, you are able to see the net worth history of Elon Musk according to Celebrity Net Worth.
- On January 1, 2020, the net worth that Elon had was $28 billion. At the end of 2020, he had a net worth $170 billion.
- Net worth of Elon topped $70 billion for the first time on July 10, 2020. At that time, roughly $15 billion was attributable to the privately-held SpaceX and the remaining $55 billion was from Tesla.
- On July 13, 2020, Elon’s net worth hit $80 billion for the first time. At that time, $65 billion came from Tesla and $15 billion came from SpaceX.
- In August 2020, there were two factors which pushed Elon’s net worth above $90 billion for the first time. The first factor was that in mid-August Tesla shares reached an all-time high of $1,900. At this level, the total market cap of the company was $350 billion and 20% stake of Elon was worth $70 billion. The second factor was that there was an increased valuation of SpaceX. It was officially confirmed on August 18th, 2020. At first the fundraising round of SpaceX’s private valuation was $36 billion and then it increased to $46 billion. The 48% stake of Elon adds $22 billion in pre-tax wealth to the net worth of Elon.
- On November 17th, 2020, the net worth of Elon topped $100 billion for the first time. At that time, he could surpass Mark Zuckerberg to be the third richest person on the planet for the first time.
- On November 24th, 2020, the net worth of Elon topped $128 billion for the first time. At that time, he could surpass Bill Gates to be the second richest person in the world for the first time. At that time, he was $54 billion away from Jeff Bezos who had $184 billion net worth.
- On January 7th, 2021, the net worth of Elon reached $195 billion. At that time, he could surpass Jeff Bezos as the richest person in the world for the first time.
- On January 8th, 2021, Elon’s net worth is $210 billion after starting the week worth $170 billion.
Early Life of Elon Musk
On June 28th, 1971, Elon Musk was born in Pretoria, South Africa. He bought his first computer at the age of 10. He taught himself how to program with it. He made his first software sale when he was 12. The software that he created was a game that he created named Blaster.
When he was 17 years old, in 1989, he moved to Canada. He moved there to attend Queen’s University. However, in 1992, he left to study business and physics at the University of Pennsylvania. He graduated with an undergraduate degree in economics and then he continued on to get a second bachelor’s degree in physics. He pursued a PhD in energy physics. From Stanford University, he dropped out. He did it to be a part of the internet boom.
Elon’s Musk Companies and The Success
The first company of Elon Musk is Zip2 Corporation. It was an online city guide. A division of Compaq Computer purchased Zip2 for $307 million in cash in 1999 and $34 in stock options. In the same year, he co-founded X.com which was an online financial services/ payments company. An X.com acquisition led to create PayPal and in 2002 PayPal was acquired by eBay for $1.5 billion in stock.
Elon’s third company was founded in 2002. The name of the company was Space Exploration Technologies Corporation (SpaceX). The intention of building this company was to build spacecraft for commercial space travel. In 2008, SpaceX got contract from NASA to handle cargo transport for the International Space Station with plans for astronaut transport in the future.
The next company was Tesla Motors. It was an automobile company which was dedicated to produce electric cars which were affordable and mass-market. In 2003, Tesla was founded by Martin Ebenhard and Marc Tarpenning. The first employees of Tesla were Elon, Ian Wright and J.B. Straubel. They retroactively named co-founders.
Then, Tesla Motors launched its initial public offering in June 2010 with a stake in the company taken by Daimler and a strategic partnership with Toyota. It raised $226 million.
In 2012, Elon Musk and SpaceX made history. The company released its Falcon 9 rocket into space with an unmanned capsule. In 2013, a concept for a new form of transportation called Hyperloop was released by Elon. It was intended for travel at speeds greater than 700 mph to commute between major cities. Hyperloop would use tubes for transportation. Elon Musk said that the Hyperloop could take from 7 to 10 years to be built, tested and ready to use.
That’s how Elon Musk creates his success. Hopefully, it can inspire you to be able to achieve your dream. Make sure you can working hard for achieving your dreams.