Nikoloz ‘Basilashvili’ is one of the richest tennis players who comes from Georgia. He has ranked among the list of Most Popular Tennis Players. Moreover, he also reached a career-high ATP singles ranking of world No.16 on May 27, 2019.
Having a position in the richest person list from Georgia, a lot of fans really wonder how much he makes money and what his net worth is. Thankfully, this post will talk about Basilashvili including his net worth, his earnings, his career and even his life. So, let’s see our post below!
Nikoloz Basilashvili’s Net Worth
Basilashvili seems to keep his personal life including his net worth. However, we can see from his salary approximately $246,198. According to Forbes, this famous tennis player has net worth which is estimated at $1-2 million at the age of 27 years old. Most of his wealth comes from his career in tennis.
As a throwback, Basilashvili’s net worth is roughly $1,436,261 in 2018 from his competition. However, that’s not all of his earnings that may include sponsorship, promotions and also other ventures.
Nikoloz Basilashvili’s Career
Basilashvili began his career in tennis in 2008. He lives in Tbilisi, Georgia and plays Right-handed (two-handed backhand). He won a total of 0; 5 ATP Challenger Tour. 10 ITF Men’s Circuit Singles titles, won a total of 0; 2 ITF Men’s Circuit doubles titles and also earned a total of $1,436,261 from the competition.
Behind Bassilashivili’s victory, of course, there was a great coach who supported him, namely David Kvernadze. He has reached a rank of No. 51 on June 19, 2017 and a rank of no. 514 on March 21, 2016 in doubles play.
On May 27, 2019, Basilashivili achieved a career-high ATP ranking of world no.16. He also reached a career high combined of world no. 59 on January 5, 2009. He also managed to qualify for the US Open 2015 in which he lost to Feliciano Lopez in the first round.
Basilashvili also qualified for his first Australian Open 2006 and lost the first round in straight sets to Roger Federer in 2016. Later, he participated at the Sofia event and reached wins over Adrian Mannarino, 1st seed Dominic Thiem and 8th seed Martin Klizan, and also earlier losing to third seed and champion Grigor Dimitrov in the semifinals, in February 2017.
In Doha, Basilashivili lost to Novak Djokovic in three sets, once beating Andrey Rublev and Albert Ramos Vinolas in December 2018. He also defeated Marton Fucsovics from Hungary at the US Open 2019. At the US Open 2020, he lost in the first round to John Millman.
Basilashivili defeated John Millman and Malek Jaziri in the Qatar Open 2021 each before defeating world no. 6 Roger Federer.
Here’s a list of Basilashivili’s competitions:
- An Australian Open record of achieving a number of three ranking (2018 Australian Open – Men’s Singles)
- A French Open junior record of achieving a number three ranking (2017 French Open – Men’s Singles)
- A Wimbledon junior record of achieving a number three ranking (2015 Wimbledon Championships – Men’s Singles)
- A US Open junior record of achieving a number one ranking (2015 US Open – Men’s Singles; 2017 US Open – Men’s Singles)
Basilashivili competed in doubles events with the great results including:
- An Australian Open Doubles record of achieving a number one ranking (2018 Australian Open – Men’s Doubles)
- A French Open Doubles record of achieving a number one ranking (2017 French Open – Men’s Doubles)
- A Wimbledon Doubles record of achieving a number one ranking (2017 Wimbledon Championships – Men’s Doubles)
- A US Open Doubles record that includes achieving a number one ranking (2017 US Open – Men’s Doubles)
Basilashvili Career Details:
- Turned pro: 2008
- Plays: Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
- National team: Georgian team
- Residence: Tbilisi, Georgia
- Career time: 2008-present
- Coach: Jan De Witt (former) and David Kvernadze (present)
- Career Record: 105–118 (47.1% in Grand Slam and ATP World Tour main draw matches, and in Davis Cup)
- Titles: 4
- Highest Ranking: No. 16 (27 May 2019)
- Current Ranking: No. 36 (15 March 2021)
Grand Slam Singles Result
- Australian Open: 3R (2018, 2019)
- French Open: 3R (2017)
- Wimbledon: 3R (2015)
- US Open (Junior): 4R (2018)
- Career Record: 11–35 (23.9% in Grand Slam and ATP World Tour main draw matches, and in Davis Cup)
- Career Titles: 0
- Highest Ranking: No. 148 (27 May 2019)
- Current Ranking: No. 246 (8 March 2021)
Grand Slam Doubles Result
- Australian Open: 1R (2018, 2021)
- French Open: 2R (2018)
- Wimbledon: 1R (2017)
- US Open: 1R (2017)
- Tour Finals: N/A
- Olympic Games: N/A
Grand Slam mixed doubles result
- Davis Cup: 10–7 (58.8%)
Nikoloz Basilashvili’s Life
We think that it’s not enough if we don’t explain about his personal life. Sure, this post also informs you of the personal details about Nikoloz Basilashvili in the list below!
- Full or real name: Nikoloz Basilashvili
- Nick name: Basilashvili
- Profession: Georgian professional tennis player
- Date of birth: 23 February 1992
- Age: 29 years, 4 months and 26 days
- Birth place: Tbilisi, Georgia
- Religion: Unknown
- Nationality: Georgian
- Salary: $246,198 USD
- Net worth: $1 million – $2 million USD.
- Father name: Nodar
- Mother name: Natalia
- Brother: Tengiz
- Sister: Unknown
- Marital status: Divorce
- Wife: Neka Dorokashvili (ex-wife)
- Marriage date: 2013-2019
- Children: One Son
- Hobbies: Listening to Music, and soccer
- Favourite animals: Dog and Cat
- Favourite colors: Gray
- Favourite games: Soccer
- Favorite tennis player: Novac Djkovic
- Best Destination: New York City
- Height in cm: 185cm
- Height in feet: 6 feet
- weight in kg: 78 kg
- Weight in IBS: 174 Lbs
- Hair: Brown
- Eye Color: Hazel brown
- Hair Style: Small
Nikoloz Basilashvili’s Lawsuit
Basilashvili has a son named Lukas who was born in 2015. Unfortunately, he was arrested on a domestic violence charge on May 24, 2020. He allegedly assaulted his ex-wife Neka Dorokashvili in front of a minor.
Tbilisi City Court decided to bail him out paying 100,000 GEL. Then, the preliminary court date is set for 6 July. However, he denied the charges and intended to sue his ex-wife for defamation.