Air Cork is an item which has a function to protect your wine from oxidation. So, it permits you to be able to enjoy your wine today and tomorrow. Since this product then becomes popular, you may wonder about the net worth of Air Cork. Let’s find the information about it here.
The Net Worth of Air Cork
We have tried to search the information about Air Cork net worth. However, we could not find it. We did not find the information about the net worth of Air Cork. Instead, we found the information about the journey of the author of creating Air Cork. You can read it below.
How The Air Cork Created
The founder of Air Cork is Eric Corti. He and his wife like to enjoy a glass of wine. However, they cannot finish a whole bottle in one sitting. So, the rest of the wine in the bottle will be wasted since the flavors and the aromas of wine are not kept anymore. Because of this problem, they tried to find a solution. They thought of finding a way to seal the wine at the surface of the wine in the bottle.
Eric had an idea to be able to save the freshness of wine after the bottle of the wine had been opened. He tried to test his idea by taking a blood pressure cuff and then took it apart. He attached a balloon to it and then inserted the new device inside the bottle of wine. Filling the balloon with air can remove all excess oxygen from the bottle. Then, his wife confirmed that the wine kept fresh long enough. So, they made the decision to invest into Eric’s idea so that they were able to launch a new business.
They were able to make a few sales on their own. However, they eventually made a decision to get help by taking their product to the Shark Tank, a business reality tv series in America. On that show, they hoped that they could make a deal with one of the Sharks so that they could get the financial backing and marketing connections.
In the show, Eric agreed to sell his entire company to Cuban and Greiner for $400k after some offers in advance. However, after the show, Eric did not sign a contract and he did not get a check for $400k. He decided to walk away and decided to do marketing his product by himself.
Then, he and his product appeared on another reality tv show. There, he got a partnership with two other people who work in the food industry. After he made the partnership, the name of Wine Balloon was changed into The Air Cork. Also, there are some re-packaging which make this product more presentable on retail shelves.
Since this product came up on those shows, now the Air Cork has got a lot of attention and it has been very successful. A lot of wineries and vineyards buy the product in bulk, but the preserver is also sold in retail locations and also online. Since the launch of the company, they have created a variety of new designs and began a blog about their experiences.
What Is An Air Cork?
Air Cork is the wine preserver. As you know that after wine is exposed to air, the wine will start to oxidize. It will continue to change the initial flavors and aromas. So, Air Cork is here to prevent it from happening and can keep the flavors and aromas of your wine fresh.
Air Cork is intuitive and simple. Also, it is easy to use. This item will provide an airtight seal no matter how much wine is left in the bottle. You are able to see that it is working from outside of the bottle.
In the Amazon website, you are able to find this product and it is described as below.
- It is an Air Cork wine preserver which includes an Air Cork device, storage pouch and instructions.
- To use it, you have to lower the balloon into a bottle, pump and then watch the balloon create an air tight seal from inside the bottle.
- It can give protection to wine from oxidation for about 3 days. Balloon will not change negatively or give effect to the taste of wine.
- It is designed for standard size bottles only. It can be used in 750-ml size bottles.
- Now, it is shipped with new formulated heat sensitive medical grade latex balloons. The balloons relax in the bottle to provide greater durability. When you remove the balloon from the bottle, you have to keep the valve button depressed. If you rinse in warm or hot water, it will shrink the balloon back to the almost original size. Now, it is ready for its next use or to be saved in its storage bag. Balloons should last 80+ uses and they are easily replaceable.
Air Cork Products Offered on Its Site
If you accessed the website of Air Cork, here are the products that they offer.
- Air Cork – Wine Preserver (Barrel – Charcoal) + Free pack of (3) spare balloons – an $8.00 value – Free when you order here
Air Cork comes in a gift box which includes 3 balloons, instructions and branded storage bag. It is available in Burgundy, Charcoal, White or Barrel Shape. The price is $28.50.
- Air Cork – Wine Preserver (Burgundy) + Free pack of (3) spare balloons – an $8.00 value – Free when you order here.
Same as the first product, this product also comes in a gift box which includes 3 balloons, instructions and branded storage bag. It is available in white, burgundy, charcoal or barrel shape. The price is $28.50.
- Air Cork – Wine Preserver (Charcoal) + Free pack of (3) spare balloons – an $8.00 value – Free when you order here.
The details are the same as the previous products above. The price is also the same.
- Air Cork – Wine Preserver (white) + Free pack of (3) spare balloons – an $8.00 value – Free when you order here.
The details are the same as above and the price as well.
- Air Cork – Spare Balloons – (pack of 3)
The price of this item is $8.00.